How To Measure Your Ring Size
Oct 23, 2021
1. Measure Your Finger
One of the easiest ways to assess your ring size is to measure your finger with a strip of paper or string:
- Start by cutting out a strip of paper that is approximately 3/4-inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Wrap the paper around the base of the intended finger, and then mark where the paper overlaps. The length of the paper you measured in millimeters is the circumference of your finger.
- After finding this measurement, use our conversion chart to find the corresponding ring size.
- If the size of your finger below the knuckle drastically differs in size from the knuckle itself, measure your knuckle as well. Then, choose a size that falls more in the middle of these two measurements.
2. Measure a Ring You Already Have
If you have a ring that already fits your finger well, you can use a ruler to measure the inside diameter of this ring:
- Take your ruler and measure straight across the inside of the ring from edge to edge.
- Take the diameter measurement in millimeters, and then use our measurement-conversion chart to find your ring size.
3. Print Out Our Paper Ring Sizer
You can also print out our ring sizer from your computer at home:
- When printing the guide, make sure your print scale is set to 100 percent.
- Make sure the “fit to page” box is left unchecked in order to get an accurate measurement from the printout.
Now that you know your accurate ring size, you can ensure the ring you love fits like a charm.
*Not eligible in Alaska and Hawaii.